Website Lake of the Woods County
Salary: Hourly $17.66 – $22.01
Full-time Position/ 40 Hours per Week
Closing Date: Friday, June 1st, 2018
Must complete exam on or before midnight of 06/07/2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks related to the determination of eligibility of clients for income maintenance programs and services; establish initial and on-going eligibility for multiple income maintenance programs; communicates program requirements and assists program participants in understanding how to maintain eligibility; supports program participants in achieving the highest degree of independence and in addressing barriers to self-sufficiency; provides education, enrollment and assistance to managed health care enrollees; makes appropriate referrals to other community resources; and performs related work as assigned.
· Three years of clerical experience or experience working with the public, or some combination of the two, totaling three years. OR
· Two years of clerical experience in a social services/human services agency. OR
· Two years of study at an accredited community college or university or similar institution, with emphasis in the behavioral sciences, business, or closely related subjects (at least 23 quarter credits or 16 semester credits). OR
· Successful completion of the technical college Human Services Eligibility Worker diploma program (applicants must be within six months of completion of the program). OR
· Successful completion of the technical college Human Services Eligibility Worker certificate program will substitute for one year of the required clerical experience or experience working with the public.
· Must be familiar with work in a rural setting.
· Valid Minnesota Driver License or show ability to travel
· The successful applicant must undergo a background investigation with favorable adjudication.
The Merit System application can be completed online at the following web link…
The Lake of the Woods County application can be found at the following web link…
A detailed job description and Lake of the Woods County application can be obtained by contacting, Savanna Slick, Human Resources Director, Lake of the Woods County, 206 8th Ave. SE, Baudette, MN 56623, (218) 634-2430 or on the County website http://www.co.lake-of-the-woods.mn.us/JobPostings.aspx
In order to be considered for this job, you must take and pass an examination, which is offered online. The examination measures math skills used in determining eligibility for programs and reading comprehension. After your Merit System application has been submitted, you will be sent a link to access the examination sections—if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job classification.
Both a Lake of the Woods County application AND a Merit System application are required to be completed.
You must complete the exam within (3) days of the closing date, or by no later than midnight, June 7th, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org